Job: Employee Relations Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Seminole Tribe of Florida
Browse Similar Jobs: Human Resources - Employee Relations
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Employee Relations Manager with the day to day employee relations activities, with duties that include providing consultation and assistance on complex and/or controversial employee conduct-related issues; conducting interviews; preparing written correspondence, records of incidents, interviews, and other documentation. Reviews case files, to ensure compliance with the established Employee Relations/ HR procedures and prepares and/or assists in preparing final reports.
· In consultation with the Employee Relations Manager, attends interview meetings with employees to gather information on attitudes towards the work environment and supervision received, as well as to facilitate resolution of any/all employee relations issues.
· Produces draft documentation and/or report for management‚s review, to allow for additions and corrections (if necessary), as well as to ensure accuracy and validity of information provided.
· Assists the field HR Program Specialists, with employee relations inquiries, preparation of reports, including terminations, counseling/ coaching, etc., as well as the scheduling and processing of separations.
· Assist in providing information to employees, on organizational and governmental rules, regulations, procedures, and compliance.
· Gathers information regarding employees‚ morale, motivation, and working conditions.
· Meets with Employee Relations Manager, and/or Director of Human Resources (as needed) to discuss employee relations issues and/or matters; as well as to formulate strategies for efficient solutions and resolution of the same.
· Prepares written reports on employees‚ comments and actions taken.
· Assist in the investigation and resolution of all employee relations matters at designated sites.
· As directed, prepares written responses to claims/charges; coordinates and produces a variety of documents to include, management reports, interviews, coaching sessions, separation reports, checklists, etc.
· Coordinates special projects for HR operations; e.g. meetings, activities sponsored by the HR Department, or any other special project as assigned by the Employee Relations manager or HR Director.
· Coordinates separation process, including the preparation of letters, clearance and access forms, retrieving company assets/ property; gathering of employee‚s personal items, conducting exit interviews as well as escorting employees off the premises (if necessary) upon separation.
· Maintains open and ongoing communications with Employee Relations Manager, and HR Director regarding employee relations issues.
· Responsible for data entry and file maintenance related to corrective counseling, performance appraisals, claims/charges and terminations.
Skills / Requirements
High School graduate, college degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience or other closely related work experience, with at least one (1) year of employee relations specialized experience. (Specialized experience must include applying employee relations concepts, principles, practices; researching,
analyzing and documenting administrative decisions. Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multitask, and meet deadlines. Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft software programs and add-ins. Able to travel to all STOF Reservations and other locations. Able to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays.