Job: Speech Pathologist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Seminole Tribe of Florida
* Conducts speech, language and hearing screenings to identify children in need of diagnostic evaluations.
* Conducts diagnostic speech, language, voice, fluency, functional communication and
augmentative communication evaluations, to identify children-s needs.
* Develops a balanced program for children-s oral communication and speech improvement.
* Assists and guides families and children-s provider-s teachers in observing, describing and
referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
* Provides thorough assessment and diagnosis of child-s speech, voice and language impairments.
* Identify possible services required for the child via the CMS treatment team.
* Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual child-s needs and to correct existing speech or language handicaps.
* Collaborates with families, caregivers, teachers and other staff members to implement therapy; makes suggestions for the child-s daily activities.
* Provides information, support, and counseling to parents on speech and language issues when appropriate.
* Administers formal and informal measures by observing child in the classroom and natural settings.
* Knows and complies with STOF and other specified entities which regulate special education programming and service provision.
* Assist as requested in program development activities, complete program development assignments thoroughly and in a timely manner.
* Attends and participates in STOF Tribal Community meetings, school activities and other meetings, related training and continuing education as directed by Children-s Medical Services Program Manager.
Skills / Requirements
* Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology
* A current State of Florida license required
* A current State of Florida drivers license required
* A minimum of five (5) years related experience
* Excellent English written and oral communication skills
* Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft software programs
* Ability to travel to multiple Reservations to provide on-site services to children and attend various treatment team staffing