Job: Training Specialist - Hollywood
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Seminole Tribe of Florida
NATURE OF WORK
This position provides support in the Education, Training and Professional Development unit within the Human Resources Department of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. The incumbent prepares written, visual and graphic materials for instructional aides. Also researches assigned topics to provide information used for various training classes, bulletins, course announcements and is prepared to deliver training as instructed. Schedules courses and arranges for and coordinates classroom availability and performs other duties as required. This position reports to the Manager of Education, Training and Professional Development and is an exempt position.
* Researches and reviews subject matter for incorporation into classroom instruction.
* Delivers group and individual instruction and training covering a range of technical, operational, and/or management areas in a specified field as directed by the Manager.
* Develops training curricula and/or recommends vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives.
* Formulates training outlines and determines instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
* Selects or develops training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
* Coordinates or performs administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
* Delivers training programs as assigned by the Manager.
* Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
* Assists in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for the employees of STOF.
* Recommends improvements to program content and presentation methods.
* Researches and procures site locations to conduct training sessions.
* Proofreads all documents, materials or written communications leaving the Training Department.
* Identifies problems with course material, instructional aides, scheduling conflicts, etc. and makes necessary adjustments to correct as appropriate.
* Travels to other STOF Reservations to evaluate training facilities, equipment and other which may be required to deliver training.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Education, Personnel Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field. Master‚s preferred. Two (2) to four (4) years of professional experience in developing and facilitating training programs is required. Excellent computer skills utilizing Microsoft software programs such as Power Point, Publisher and other add-ins. Must be able to multi-task and have excellent English written and oral communicating skills. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Travel to other STOF Reservations and other locations as required. Valid Florida Driver's License required.