Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician, under general supervision, provide technical software and hardware problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by step.; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; troubleshoot network printer problems; pass more complex end-user problems on to property IT manager;
Will work with the Manager of Information Systems to evaluate equipment, search for alternatives and recommend improvements. Will carry out central administrative activities in accordance with standard operating procedures as set forth by the Information Systems Manager
Information Systems Manager
Job involves working:
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
Managing Director, Executive Committee Members, all Department Managers and Assistants, Staff.
Resort guests/visitors, Resident guest/visitors, the Owners, vendors, corporate office personnel.
- High school graduate.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in Hotel/Restaurant systems management is required.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a A.S. in Computer Science or information technical field.
- Must have experience with PMS, POS, CAS hotel systems
- Fluency in English. Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills (with fluency in other languages preferred.)
- Computer skill set: MS Office Suite all versions, Windows 7 and above, Windows 2012 and above, Active Directory, Office365.
- Administrative Level knowledge of all standard domain controller rolls and protocols such as DHCP, DNS, WINS, File and Print Sharing.
- Knowledge of all standard networking protocols such as TCP/IP.
- The Help Desk Technician is expected to be able to be on duty during normally accepted working hours and whenever his/her presence is required. The Help desk technician adapts his/her working hours to the Resorts operating hours.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- General information system knowledge.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- Microsoft MCSE, CCNA, certification preferred and/or other industry certifications.
- Knowledge of network security systems such as hardware and software Firewalls; Antivirus software, AntiSpyWare software, and e-mail SPAM filtering technology.
- Experience with the effective use of remote management software such as PCAnywhere, Terminal Services, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Knowledge regarding data backup and recovery software and NAS devices, etc.
- Knowledge of cabling specifications and computer hardware repair.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reach 12 inches.
4. Remain active, constantly moving, or stationary for 8 hours throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
6. Organizational skills are required to maintain records.