Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant | Nashville, Tennessee
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp, Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client in need of a Medical Assistant to work at a company located in the Nashville, Tennessee area. The Medical Assistant role combines clinical and administrative duties. In the administrative role, assists in running the clinic including scheduling, maintain and update medical records/charts, and general interaction and communication with patients, family members, and insurance companies. In the clinical role, room patients, answer phones, triage patient messages, complete FMLA/Disability paperwork, schedule follow up and post-operative appointments also, may assist physicians and mid-levels with light medical procedures.
- Takes patient vital signs, medical histories, prepare patient for tests or examinations, explain procedures to patient, assist physician during exam, calling in prescriptions to pharmacies and may prepare patient (depending on location) for X-rays.
- Frequent communication with physicians and MLP's to discuss patient concerns requiring thorough knowledge of processes and issues.
- Following standard operating procedures for Certified Medical Assistants performs basic medical procedures such as clean and dress patient wound or remove sutures and staples as directed by the MLP or physician.
- Work with patients to schedule appointments/medical procedures, process insurance forms, FMLA forms, update patient charts and records. Identify and resolve problems in reasonableness of FMLA requests, insurance pre-certifications, etc.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor when answering phones, greeting or corresponding with patients, co-workers and physicians. Create, maintain and update patient medical records in system always keeping patient medical records confidential.
- 2 + year minimum medical assistant experience required
- Previous experience in a Surgical Services environment is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
Flexibility and ability to multitask are essential; professional and courteous communications; sense of urgency and a thorough understanding of a medical facility processes and practices required.
High School Diploma and Medical Assistant Certification preferred however EXPERIENCE will be considered in lieu of certification.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Nashville, Tennessee
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.