Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trucking Sales | Manalapan, NJ
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Trucking Sales with sales background to work at a company located in Manalapan, NJ (zip 07726). This position is responsible for accounting, compliance, human resources, budgeting, operations, overseeing branch operations, sales, and foreign agent development.
- Bill all unbilled files no later than 48 hours after cargo release
- Clear up discrepancy reports by month end
- Make collection calls, when requested by Corporate, within allotted time frame
- Prepare revenue reports
- Ensure that all company SOP's are enforced and followed
- Liaison with Customs & Border Protection
- Assist and work with woe Compliance Officer
- Work with Human Resources and upper management to ensure compliance in all areas
- Responsible for final decisions on hiring, discipline, and firing.
o Initiate search for new employees
o Work with employment agencies to identify good candidates
o Screen resumes of prospective employees
o Conduct initial interviews with prospective employees
o Obtain Vice President or President sign off on Personnel Request before final hire
o Provide final approval of vacations and holiday coverage
o Review and make recommendations and approvals for salary increases
o Responsible for final approval on work assignments, job changes, promotions or demotions
o Maintain and submit hours for payroll twice monthly
- Disciplinary Actions:
o Work with Operations Manager and Supervisors to encourage employee compliance and cooperation
o Identify areas of concern, notify employee verbally, then follow-up m writing, ensuring proper documentation is used
o Follow-up to document improvement or need for further discipline
o Ensure employee file contains all necessary documentation
o Notify employee, conduct exit interview
- Attend budget planning meetings
- Approve branch budget with upper management
- Implement budget
- Manage budget on a continuous basis as necessary
- Manage physical site
- Manage file storage
- Manage support personnel to ensure supplies and files are kept current
- Work closely with Vice President for daily oversights.
- Provide final decisions on payment of demurrage or other costs up to $1,000
- Provide final decisions on solving problems for and with customers
- Serve as information source for branch. Distribute memos, notifications of policy changes, benefit changes, and all employee information
- Research of documents, e-mails and bills that need attention and response, but "don't belong to anyone"
- Act as contact for other departments
- Work with other departments on a daily basis, particularly MIS, Breakbulk and Sales to manage and distribute workloads, solve problems, cross-train employees, answer operational questions, and create processes
Oversee Branch Operations:
- Identify potential problems and create solutions
- Identify patterns of non-compliance and create immediate and long-term solutions
- Identify opportunities for growth and create plans. Submit ideas to capitalize on those opportunities
- Create a good work environment for all employees. Encourage employee initiative and provide positive reinforcement and instructive feedback
- Identify opportunities for growth within additional customer base
- Convert these customers to use our freight services
- Revisit and attempt to regain business of lost customers
- Identify opportunities for sales
- Twice a year, make personal visits to local accounts to thank for their business. Those that are not local will be called by phone twice a year as well.
Foreign Agent Development:
- Responsible for certain foreign agents as specified by corporate headquarters
- Travel abroad for sales and business development as needed
- Review Bil's to identify possible sales leads
ROUTINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for supervising support personnel. Responsible for hiring, performance planning and development, corrective action, work assignments, employee relation issues, terminations, budgeting, forecasting and annual budget responsibility.
This position reports to the Vice President
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and logistics software
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
10 years industry experience CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS US Customs Broker license
Must speak fluent English; foreign language a plus
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Manalapan, NJ (zip 07726).
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs