Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Program Manager for Palm Beach County conducts volunteer recruitment and management, community outreach and awareness, diversity outreach, professional and family caregiver education, care planning, support group services, and all reporting related to these areas throughout the county. The Program Manager will possess a high degree of empathy for those dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia, excellent communication skills, the ability to assess the needs of clients and refer caregivers and persons living with the disease to external resources as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops new community partnerships to increase awareness and create opportunities to expand education, support services, and volunteer engagement to achieve key strategic initiatives.
- Identifies, recruits, trains and manages volunteers who implement our programs within the community.
- Develops and maintains relationships with professional healthcare providers to facilitate increase in referrals.
- Expands the delivery of Common Program Plan, support services, and research programs.
- Delivers speaking engagements for community education and caregiver training.
- Expands programming opportunities through diversity and inclusion outreach.
- Prepares and maintains statistical reports and grant-related reports.
- Provides and promotes Helpline and in person consultations to constituents in need.
- Attends and coordinates conferences and meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field; MSW preferred.
- Fluent in English; Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience in health and human service organization, preferably working with geriatric issues, Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- 1-3 years working with volunteers with varying levels of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and related to culturally diverse clients.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% across the service area as requested for outreach, meetings, training, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25lbs of materials for meetings as needed.
- Ability to work with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities during periods of high volume and tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information and make timely and appropriate decisions in an environment where accuracy is key.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and department staff in person and on the telephone.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.