Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Slide Attendant - Seasonal
at Aventura Mall
Slide attendant is tasked with providing guests with a courteous and exiting safe slide experience while following all slide rules, regulations and policies.
Essential Job Functions:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Providing a safe environment for guests by using appropriate judgement
- Maintaining high standards of safety while on duty
- Providing rescue-ready level at all times
- Providing exceptional customer service skills
- Assisting with various task including but not limited to maintaining grounds, carrying, storing, & stacking slide mats
- Requires physical stamina, extended periods of time going up and down a 93-foot spiral stairs in various weather conditions and temperatures
- Position requires individuals to be able to work outdoors
- Must be able to communicate in English, to convey information and instructions
- Able to relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, other departments and company staff
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Must poses basic computer skills
- Adequate knowledge of the mall, facilities and services provided
- Knowledge of local area
- Outdoor position that requires certain tasks are performed, such as grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Requires standing for extended periods.
- Must have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
- Walking and climbing, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrist and fingers.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other areas of the facility on a timely basis when needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires communication via the use of two-way radio in order to communicate with coworkers, supervisors, subordinates as well as other departments.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Constantly vigilant and aware of surroundings and all aspects of the Aventura Mall slide.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determine by the manager/supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the facility:
- Supporting Public Safety and local Emergency Services during emergencies.
- Assist the Marketing Department with flyers, promotions and events when needed.
- Assist Tourism and Business Development Department as needed.
- Assist other Concierge Services areas in coverage when needed.
- Greeting and assisting guest with questions, directions and services as needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
Knowledge of all facets of the mall including concierge services as they apply to Aventura Mall is required. The ability to work with other people effectively in a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creativity regarding the needs of the mall and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. Exercise empathy towards mall guest at all times.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be establish from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the retail industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the mall. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Aventura Mall/Turnberry Associates rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facility. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Aventura Mall/Turnberry Associates standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma
College Graduate or in pursuit preferred
Preferred - Minimum of 1-year experience in a lifeguard position or related position.
Bilingual or Multilingual Preferred.
Athletic Endurance Preferred
Licenses or Certificates
Preferred – In pursuit of CPR/First Aid as well as OSHA certifications.
Minimum age requirement of 18.