Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager - Miami, Florida
at Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
- Job ID
Brasfield & Gorrie has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager in Miami, Florida.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop project business plan
- Proven ability to run a $5M project with minimal supervision
- Work with field management to generate job specific safety plan for the project
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Engineer and Architect
- Work with Pre-Construction and Field Supervision to identify and implement all contract deliverables, quality testing, and reporting requirements
- Create staging, logistics, and phasing plan for project
- Lead coordination of subcontractors
- Set up bonding and/or Subguard, change order log, and cost tracking for the project
- Set up project in E1 and Prolog software
- Responsible for project startup, including obtaining permits and licenses and managing jobsite mobilization
- Facilitate subcontractor pre-mobilization/startup meetings
- Issue and administer subcontracts (payments, insurance, bond, safety, haz-com, etc.) and purchase orders for multiple trades
- Assist in development, planning, and updating of overall project schedule. Attend/direct regular job scheduling meetings
- Lead responsibility for project quality control plan implementation and compliance
- Conduct bi-weekly safety surveys with project superintendent
- Prioritize, review, and expedite submittals
- Expedite material deliveries according to project schedule requirements
- Understand quantity updating and work with Superintendents to maintain accurate labor forecasts
- Develop and administer subcontractor and purchase order change orders
- Review projections, labor reports, safety documents, and schedules on a monthly basis
- Review and approve material/equipment invoices according to project budget
- Prepare payment requests and monitor collections
- Meet with city and state agencies to review project and inspections
- Attend OAC progress meetings and create monthly status reports
- Enter and update information in project management software (job status reports, projections, change orders, and RFI’s)
- Manage and oversee job close-out documentation and procedures (closeout documents, final job report, and final accounting)
- Mentor and train assistant project managers and co-op/intern students
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in construction, engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of construction experience
- Able to perform Assistant Project Manager duties proficiently
- Experience managing all aspects of construction projects including architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical
- Working knowledge of Prolog and other construction software
- Basic understanding of financial accounting systems
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical writing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate, as both may be required
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Building Your Brasfield & Gorrie Career
Start your career in a big way
No matter your starting point, when you join the Brasfield & Gorrie family, you open the door to a rewarding career at one of the most respected and dynamic companies in the industry. Here you decide your path and what you will make of your career—and your life.
We value everyone
At Brasfield & Gorrie, we see our purpose as building exceptional people, trusting relationships, great projects, and strong communities. Valuing everyone is essential to our purpose, so for us, valuing diversity and inclusion is more than a lofty company commitment; it’s a way of building relationships that helps us live our purpose in our daily work.
You’ll benefit from working at Brasfield & Gorrie
By offering a strong foundation of employee benefits, we ensure that you and your family have the tools and means to prosper. We’re proud to provide a competitive benefits and compensation package. Our employees have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), wellness programs, career development classes, and many more benefits. We’re proud to be ranked by both Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in multiple cities!
About Brasfield & Gorrie
Brasfield & Gorrie is one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, providing general contracting, design-build, and construction management services for a wide variety of markets. We’re skilled in construction best practices, including virtual design and construction, integrated project delivery, and lean construction, but we’re best known for our preconstruction and self-perform expertise and exceptional client service. Brasfield & Gorrie has 12 offices and approximately 3,000 employees. Our 2018 revenues were $3.3 billion. Engineering News-Record ranks Brasfield & Gorrie 25th among the nation’s “Top 400 Contractors” for 2019.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities