Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Developer - BI Analytics and Reporting
- Job ID
- Posting Location
- Miami, FL
The Developer will be a contributor in the development and implementation of end-to-end BI Solutions. This role will work with analysts, architects, and engineers to develop and unit test solutions based on the functional and technical specifications to meet quality and performance requirements.
This position requires a highly technical and motivated developer who will serve as member of the Business Intelligence team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence. Associate is accountable for developing reporting, analytics, and data engineering solutions to provide quantitative and qualitative business insights and improve decision making across all lines of business, both internal and external.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of end-to-end Business Intelligence Solutions with Azure and the Microsoft BI Stack.
- Develop and implement Data Engineering Solutions and ETL Processes with Azure Data Factory and SSIS.
- Develop and implement Reporting, Analytics and Data Visualization Solutions with Microsoft Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Develop and implement Analysis Services Tabular models including DAX calculations.
- Independently solve complex technical problems.
- Collaborate with users and stakeholders to gather and understand solution requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure and professionalism in a developing environment with multiple changing priorities/tasks.
- Participate in the definition and revision of development best practices and standards.
- Provide technical guidance to more junior team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good understanding of BI Technology Stacks (Microsoft), Data Engineering Solutions, and Software Engineering principles and best practices.
- Good understanding of Reporting, Analytics, and Data Visualization Solutions and reporting and BI Analytics Technologies (Power BI, Reporting Services)
- Understanding of BI Solution Architectural approaches and data models (i.e. Kimball)
- Competently perform complex technical tasks with minimal supervision, including development of BI Solution components (ETL, Semantic Layer, Front-end reporting)
- Understanding of all aspects of development including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, development of technical components related to process scope and supporting testing and post implementation support.
- Ability to adapt to new technical innovations and business processes.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and team
- Ability to embrace change
- Influence trust in others and works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Sensitive and responsive to internal and external needs; maintains a positive attitude, willing to seek solutions
- Improves business productivity by proposing innovative and creative solutions
- Promotes a supportive and collaborative team work environment
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain composure and professionalism in a developing environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or certification required
- Experience with Microsoft ETL tools (Azure Data Factory and SSIS), the SQL Server platform, and the Microsoft BI Stack (Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Power BI)
- Experience in the development and implementation end-to-end BI and Data Engineering solutions.
- Experience using Power BI to consume a variety of data sources including Analysis Services, SQL Server, Excel, Flat files, etc.
- Exposure to one or more Object Oriented or Procedural Programming languages (C#, Java, Python)
- Exposure to cloud technology stacks (preferably Azure).
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.