Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Acquisition Manager
- Job ID
- Posting Location
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Summary of Position Requirements
Assist in the development of opportunities that fit company’s land acquisition strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential land acquisition targets through detailed study of tax maps and networking with attorneys, engineers and others involved in residential land development
- Development/Entitlement Budgeting.
- Responsible for lot takedown schedule, land pipeline schedules, and LOC updates
- Run Greenbook process
- Achieve starts projections and closings on new communities
- Maintain inventory reports, critical dates, contract summaries and periodic market analysis
- Maintain Land Contract files, maps and other files in Division office
- Network with other builders and developers to maintain market awareness; develop key contacts introductions to DP to become a strong competitor in Division’s market area
- Assist management in negotiating terms and specifics of purchase and sale agreements.
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage individuals and team to ensure top performance of all team members in achieving desired results while finding efficient and effective solutions that create overall organizational value.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance or similar program required
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
- Knowledge of sales/negotiating principles and real estate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Valid auto insurance coverage