Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Dietary Aide works as a team member in the hospital's main kitchen or satellite kitchen and works under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor or Dietary Aide Supervisor to portion out and serve quality meals to the persons served and staff. Reports pertinent information to the Supervisor for follow up.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior institutional or residential food service training is helpful but not mandatory.
- At least one-year of employment history
- Must have successfully passed the HACCP
- Completes production records and temperatures for foods: Production records are filled out for each meal and all food is accounted for each shift. Ensures all special dietary needs are met according to the menu. Ensures temperatures are logged for each food item before leaving the main kitchen, and proper temperatures are met and maintained to HACCP standards.
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment: Follows weekly cleaning schedule for all equipment and ensures equipment is in proper working order. Reports any equipment repairs immediately to the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Has knowledge of proper food handling and HACCP procedures: Ensures food is not left at improper temperatures, prevents cross contamination of foods, and ensures a safe environment for the patients and staff. Has completed HACCP workbook and passed successfully.
- Follows assigned diets per the menu and patients diet card.
- Follows proper sanitation practices such as daily cleaning and proper storage. Ensures that temperature sheets are completed daily, and empty boxes and trash are removed throughout shift. Also follows the clean-as-you-go practice and is evident when kitchen is inspected.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.