City of Hollywood (FL)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerical Specialist - Summer Camp Program Only
at City of Hollywood (FL)
- The Position
This is moderately complex clerical and reception work. Duties include a variety of clerical tasks, including non-routine administrative matters and heavy public contact work. Work is reviewed through conferences, observation of work in progress, and written reports for results obtained and adherence to established policies and procedures.
1. Operates a computer, photocopier, shredder, printer, calculator, facsimile machine, typewriter, microfiche, pager or intercom system, NCIC/FCIC Teletype machine, or cash register.
2. Responds to telephone or radio inquiries; greets the general public, contractors, and vendors; provides information and directs callers; acts as a receptionist.
3. Maintains filing systems of correspondence, forms, cards, receipts, permits, plans, reports, and records; maintains log books, ledgers or other audit and tracking records.
4. Opens, sorts, and distributes correspondence; inventories, and requisitions supplies and equipment; issues and processes permits.
5. Acts as a liaison between superiors, other City employees, and the general public.
6. Generates statistics; requests additional information as needed; researches, collects, and compiles data; verifies reports for accuracy; collates reports.
7. Responds to or directs inquiries to appropriate personnel or department.
8. Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, forms, permits, bids, applications, invoices, press releases, records, memoranda, and letters from notes, copy or rough draft; records minutes of meetings.
9. Processes employee payroll records; updates accounts payable records and vendor's lists; maintains appointment calendar; schedules meetings and activities.
10. Must effectively and positively represent the City in delivering and performing work with colleagues and clients, irrespective of gender, race, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, or sexual orientation.
11. Must maintain effective and professional relationships with work colleagues, supervisors and managers.
12. Performs related as required for this position description only.
- The Requirements
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year of responsible experience including use of computers and standard software applications such as MS Word; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Demonstrated ability to type thirty (30) corrected words per minute.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE CLERICAL SPECIALIST POSITION.
(1) The Summer Camp Program under the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department with the City of Hollywood is anticipated to begin Monday, June 10, 2019. Orientation for this Summer Camp Program is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 01, 2019. Please consider your availability during these dates when submitting an on-line application for this Clerical Specialist position.
(2) The work schedule for this position will involve working 40 hours per week for approximately 9 weeks. Hours may vary between 7:00AM - 9:00PM. Please consider your availability during these hours when submitting an on-line application for this Clerical Specialist position.
- The Examination
Required Education and Background Information: Look over the announcement carefully to determine your eligibility. Please note minimum education and experience requirements. Closed competitive positions are open only to employees while open competitive positions are open to anyone who meets the minimum qualifications for the position. Evidence of a GED test score is required if submitted for high school diploma. Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all relevant information at the time of application. Additional information will not be accepted after the announcement closing date.
Veteran's Preference: An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers (DD214) and meet eligibility requirements as stipulated by the Florida Statutes.
- Additional Information
All successful applicants will be required to pass an extensive background, which may include criminal history searches, driving history checks, credit report, courthouse searches, education verification, employment verification, professional license verification, or other search methods as deemed necessary for the position. In addition, the applicant will be required to undergo a medical examination, which may include a drug screening, prior to appointment.
Applicants who are considered for employment will be required to pay $62.00 for the background investigation.
Employment of Relatives: The City of Hollywood has an Ordinance which regulates the employment of relatives of City employees. Effective January 28, 2008, a relative may only be hired under the following additional conditions.
- The relative must have competed in an appropriate examination process as determined by Human Resources and be placed on a civil service eligibility list;
- The relative must be among the top three ranked candidates available on the certified eligibility list unless expanded by the Civil Service Board;
- The Department or Office Director and the Director, Human Resources must demonstrate that it is in the best interests of the City of Hollywood to hire the relative of a public officer or employee.
Tobacco Affidavit: As of 12/15/2005 the City will require all newly hired employees to sign an affidavit affirming non-usage of tobacco or tobacco products within the last year prior to submission of application and will continue to be a non-user of tobacco products throughout employment with the City of Hollywood.
Reasonable Accommodation: The Employment Office will make reasonable efforts in the examination and workplace to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources of special needs by calling (954) 921-3216.
The City of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity / Equal Access Employer.