City of Palm Beach Gardens
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
First Assistant Golf Professional
at City of Palm Beach Gardens
Pay: up to $41349/year
$41349 - $
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2730455
Overall Job Objective
- This position is responsible for supporting the Director of Golf, and to assist in growing the game of golf at Sandhill Crane Golf Club. The primary responsibility is providing excellent customer service to our patrons and assisting with programming, marketing, events, tournament operations, golf shop merchandising and displays, leagues, and clinics. This position is an exempt, non-bargaining position within in the Community Services division. Qualified candidates may have a separate teaching agreement with limitations as set forth and determined by the Director of Golf.
This position is supervised by the Director of Golf.
Supervises independent contractors as assisted.
- Essential Function Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows and implements all procedures and policies as described in the Palm Beach Gardens Golf Course Manual, as well as the Community Services Division procedures and the City's Policies and Procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of the financial, maintenance and safety procedures to provide effective daily operation of the facility
- Assists in marketing, growing, and facilitating all day to day operations, clinics, and programs at Sandhill Crane Golf Club.
- Acts as a productive committee member when assigned
- Organizes and facilitates an active tournament schedule, which includes tee time assignments, creation of rules sheets and score cards, demonstrate the ability to make rules decisions when applicable, reconcile tournament results and payouts, and implement on-course golf activities.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all part time employees throughout the division
- Responsible for the positive marketing of the club and club activities, including the updating of the website and club newsletters and acting as an ambassador for the facility
- Responsible for training staff as assigned
- Responsible for duties as assigned before, during, and after emergency situations.
- Maintains an effective open line of communication with the Director of Golf
- Develops short and long-range goals for the Sandhill Crane Golf Club
- Responds to public inquires in a positive manner maintaining the highest integrity of professionalism
- Fields questions, concerns, and complaints related to course operations and utilizes knowledge and professional skill to solve these in a timely manner
- Enforces policies and standard operating procedures regarding daily golf, facility use, and financial operations
- Makes recommendations regarding increased efficiency and cost effectiveness of facilities, operations, and services
- Oversees contractual employees as assigned
- Exercises judgment and knowledge of policies to make decisions and give direction on daily operations
- Trains and manages staff with their use of software systems
- Researches, prepares and provides financial reports as requested
- Performs various administrative duties as assigned and assists as support staff when necessary
- Must be available to work early morning, nights, weekends, holidays, split-shifts, events and other odd hours
- Prepares a variety of reports, including conduct and incident reports
- Tracks participation numbers, assists Director of Golf with league handicap management, pricing, marketing materials, and memberships
- Acts as Manager on Duty and monitors all daily operations of the course as needed
- Works in the Golf Shop as needed, providing excellent customer service, giving advice on products and programs, as well as up-selling products
- Coordinates marketing and display of Golf Shop merchandise with the input of the Golf Shop Manager
- Works with volunteers and staff to resolve any issues that may arise in the absence of Director of Golf and Golf Management Team
- Performs any other related duties as required or assigned
- Assists with various peripheral duties including the picking up of supplies, ordering materials, running errands, arranging for the rental and/or maintenance of equipment and set-ups for special events.
- Composes and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness
- Ability to provide backup to related positions as division needs require
- Ability to operate a City vehicle as division needs require
- Responds to emergency operations as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- Certified through The PGA of America: Member Classification – PGA / LPGA Certified Apprentice or PGA / LPGA Certified Member; and
- Substantial golf experience and/or degree from an accredited college or university in a related area; and
- Two years of experience working at a golf facility, preferably in a managerial role; and
- Five years of experience playing golf; and
- Prior job experience working with juniors, tournament operations, merchandising, marketing, and daily golf operations
- Special Qualifications/Preferences
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS/PREFERENCES: (Certification, License, and Professional Association)
Current Certifications in the following or ability to obtain within 6 months:
- PGA / LPGA Apprentice or Member Classification
- First Aid
- AED Training
- Must present originals or copies of both sides of all certifications or obtain within three months
- Valid State of Florida Driver's License with a good driving record