COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Coordinator | Palm Beach County Convention Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Food Services & Hospitality
- Location Name
- Spectra FH - Palm Beach County Convention Center
- Sales and Marketing
- Regular Full-Time
Under general supervision, the Sales Coordinator provides assistance and administrative support to the Catering Sales Managers and Catering Director; assists in coordinating the licensing of space and booking of events for the facility and preparation of catering internal and external communications.
This position is based at our Palm Beach County Convention Center. Opened in 2004, The Palm Beach County Convention Center presents a spectacular setting for conventions, trade shows, meetings and social events. An architectural masterpiece with state-of-the-art amenities, the 350,000 square-foot center features a 100,000 square-foot exhibit hall, a 22,000 square-foot ballroom and 21,000 square feet of flexible breakout space divisible into 19 rooms. The Convention Center also provides preferred and exclusive options to fit your event needs. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.pbconventioncenter.com/
- Represent the facility to potential facility users; respond to inquiries regarding facility use and send out food and beverage materials; assist facility users in finalizing booking arrangements contracts as well as collection of deposits due
- Assist Catering Team in the preparation of event license agreements, addenda and related correspondence; review documents for completeness and accuracy; assist in following up with facility users regarding deposits, insurance and other related license agreement requirements
- Assist Catering Team in updating facility user contact and account information, blocking meeting event space and other event booking information in the computerized event booking and management system
- Create and maintain event files; distribute and reconcile all event folders and respective checklists for the department
- Represent the department at weekly operational meetings
- Update event revenues in computerized event booking and management system on a weekly and monthly as required for forecasting
- Coordinate client “appreciation’ gift program
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in an administrative support position, preferably in a sales capacity at a hotel, convention center or related meeting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, hospitality management or other related
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing; type at a speed necessary for successful job
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively resolve workload issues
- Learn and understand the operation of a convention center and apply that knowledge to continually improve
- Make basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) either manually or by operating a calculator
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility and corporate staff, potential clients and facility users
- Meet specific targets and goals as discussed with and approved by your
- Work as needed on a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended work days and extended numbers of days.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.