Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Red Team Consultant
Red Team Services is a practice within Cylance Professional Services who conduct all offensive security focused assessments. The engagements delivered by this group range from goal oriented red team assessments to embedded systems reverse engineering and exploitation and everything in between.
Cylance Professional Services is seeking a Principal Consultant to help lead the Red Team Services practice. The Principal Consultant will be responsible for consistent, technically sound delivery of high quality engagements while also advancing the technical excellence of the practice. A Principal Consultant should be able to deliver all core Red Team Services practice services and possess expert level skill in multiple disciplines. Principal Consultants must have solid time and project management capabilities to lead, mentor and manage consultant teams. They exercise wisdom, excel at communication and setting expectations, and are able to lead teams through short and long-term red team engagements.
The Principal Consultant will lead teams and be an expert penetration tester capable of performing complex security assessments while maintaining a business focus and meeting client requirements. The successful candidate must be exceptionally skilled in network, application and embedded penetration testing, as well as secure architectures and remediation strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver network, application, wireless, physical and embedded systems penetration testing, as well as red team and social engineering engagements.
- Drive the technical excellence of the practice by contributing to and maintaining testing methodologies to ensure they always utilize the latest available tools and techniques.
- Mentor and train junior consultants, so they can become as skilled as you are
- Assist with the pre-sales process, scoping engagements, writing SOW language and helping answer RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Collaborate on research, whitepapers and conference talks to drive awareness of the practice’s expertise and capabilities
- Contribute to tool development, both software and hardware, as well as processes and infrastructure, to advance the capabilities of the practice
- Be able to travel to customer locations up to 50%. You will work remotely when you do not need to travel to a customer site.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5 years’ experience as a penetration tester in your area of expertise with a minimum 3 years’ consulting experience preferred.
- A passion for challenging technical work and the desire to constantly push yourself and excel in both your chosen specialties and new disciplines.
- An intense curiosity and drive to discover how a thing works (and how it can be broken) that takes you down the rabbit hole, but also the pragmatism and time management to know when to let it go and try to a different approach.
- A desire to share knowledge with your teammates and in turn learn from others.
- Strong attention to detail and the compulsion to deliver awesome work as a point of professional pride.
- The ability to work independently with minimal oversight. This means having advanced time management and multitasking skills.
- Strong presenting and report writing skills, with the ability to succinctly convey technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Exercising sound judgement in setting customer expectations, but always meeting those expectations once set.
- Deep knowledge in the following technical disciplines:
- Network Penetration Testing (5+ years REQUIRED)
- Web Application / Web API Penetration Testing
- Mobile Application Penetration Testing
- 802.11 Wireless Penetration Testing
- Embedded Systems / Hardware Penetration Testing
- Bluetooth, ZigBee, Z-Wave Penetration Testing
- Social engineering tactics and techniques
- Cloud Architecture (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Windows and Active Directory Architecture
- Windows/Linux/UNIX/OSX internals
- Interpreted languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Compiled languages (Java, C, C++, Assembly, etc.)
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Proven community contributions through published research, CVE’s, conference presentations, publications, media interviews, tool development, etc.
- Significant binary and/or hardware reverse engineering experience
- Exploit development experience (x86/64 and/or ARM)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at BlackBerry Cylance
- The skills, strengths, and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
Job Family Group Name:Sales
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Ranked #10 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology companies in North America, BlackBerryCylance® a subsidiary of BlackBerry, is revolutionizing cyber security with products and services that proactively prevent, rather than re-actively detect the execution of advanced persistent threats and malware. Our technology is deployed on over four million endpoints and protects hundreds of enterprise clients worldwide including Fortune 100 organizations and government institutions.
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is a trusted security software and services company that provides enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure the Internet of Things. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, the company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cybersecurity and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and embedded systems. You couldn’t choose a more exciting time to consider joining us! For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
©2019 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/P?rotected? Veteran Disabled
BlackBerry strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the selection process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.