Earth Fare, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Earth Fare, Inc.
Position Summary: The Produce Clerk is responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, while adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. They work independently and in a team to ensure the Produce Department is well stocked, clean, organized, rotated, culled and merchandised appropriately. They deliver exceptional customer service while being a valuable asset of product knowledge within the department.
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment. (20%)
- Operational Tasks: Maintains freshness and proper rotation of products. Receives and verifies deliveries. Washes, bundles, trims and stores product in the back room and sales floor following standard operating and organic procedures. Catalogs and codes invoices, maintains department stock levels, and provides excellent product knowledge and service to customers. Verifies proper signage and pricing of items in the department. Assists Produce Manager with inventory counts. Attends department and store meetings. (20%)
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Produce Manager. (10%)
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers. (10%)
Total Percentage Equals 100%
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary duties within the department.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Produce Manager and other store management.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (knives, miscellaneous utensils, etc.)
- Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner and food scale.
- Knowledge of produce and organic procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of produce industry trends, as well as common allergies and specialized dietary terms such as gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc. preferred.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- May work in environments of extreme cold.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.