Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Work Incentive Practitioner/CWIC St Augustine
- Provide guidance on benefits, work incentives, and employment services available to Florida clients. CWICs will provide planning and assistance to residents (and their families) who are potentially eligible to participate in Federal and State work incentive programs.
- Work with Federal, State and private agencies/nonprofit organizations that serve Persons with Disabilities with emphasis on SSA.
- Providing benefits planning services to clients under the Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work (TTW) Program
- Provide information to beneficiaries on health benefits coverage options that may be available.
- Conduct intakes and assessments and provide case file management and documentation.
- Submit a monthly report that emphasizes WIPA deliverables and outcomes.
- Screen and refer beneficiaries with disabilities to the appropriate employment networks.
- Show knowledge of SSA’s SSDI and SSI disability program and work incentives as well as other federal, state, and local work incentive programs and be able to communicate this knowledge in an effective and easy-to-understand manner to both residents and their families.
- Promote employment and self-sufficiency through the use of work incentives.
- Provide guidance and case management in Medicare/Medicaid/Medical assistance for residents under the direction of the Program Manager.
- Maintain effective and ongoing communication with community organizations.
- Collect information about community resources, bringing new information back to staff and adding to resource database.
- Complete continuing education and training necessary to maintain certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Part time-leading to Full-time.
- Do you have a working knowledge of how employment may affect Social Security Beneficiaries? Are you a Certified Benefits Practitioner, CWIC, CPWIC, or WISA? Put your skills and passion to work by supporting individuals with disabilities to understand how earnings may affect their Social Security and health benefits, and therefore make informed choices regarding employment and earnings. This is not an office job! You must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, ability to plan your day and good communication skills. This position requires a self-starter with computer and time management skills, who can work a flexible schedule. Good driving record and documentation of adequate insurance required. Bi-lingual and ASL candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree from a college/university accredited by the US Department of Education required.
- CWIC training and certification required.
- Mental health, social work, nursing, vocational or healthcare experience required.
- Community Work Incentives Coordinator (Required)
- Compensation is excellent and based on qualifications, education, experience, and additional applicable skills.