Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager – Americas Emerging Markets (Caribbean & Central America)
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Business Development
- Job ID
Do you have experience developing business in enterprise software solutions within the region of the Caribbean or Central America, in a team environment, directly and through channels? Are you a top performing sales and business development executive who wants to continue building a winning career? Utilize your understanding of the region’s culture, organizations, and multi-channel software business development experience to help emerging economies’ organizations leverage geographic technology to achieve their goals.
- Develop business development and sales strategies that employ direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of Esri’s solutions in Caribbean or Central America
- Ensure the continued success of key Esri platform implementations in the region
- Collaborate with Esri staff and Esri distributors' sales teams to create an opportunity development plan that is actionable and provides a clear direction for key customer and prospect accounts within the geographic portfolio
- Orchestrate virtual teams of Esri staff, Esri distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies for specific opportunities
- Work directly with distributors to represent to customers and prospects the value of Esri’s technology and solutions supported by business case development, references, and ROI
- Maintain familiarity with Esri offerings for key industries in the region
- Represent Esri at regional and user conferences, partner events, and a variety of public speaking engagements
- 7+ years of experience providing technical solutions to Caribbean or Central American customers (government and/or commercial organizations)
- Demonstrated ability to sell enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel in a team environment, or demonstrated ability to work as a team promoting and developing software solutions in Caribbean or Central America
- Demonstrated ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Experience responding to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders in complex environments and short timeframes
- Highly emotionally aware individual with the ability to influence at the “C” level to build long term relationships, maintaining open communication throughout the organization
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent Portuguese and Spanish speaker and writer; proficient in English
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region with occasional travel within the US
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering, business administration, GIS, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge in one or more key industries: water/wastewater, utilities (electric, telco), natural resources, local government, land management, transportation
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group
- Public speaking experience
- Awareness of marketing tactics and strategies
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- The ability to communicate in other languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.