Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Regular Full-Time
"IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART."
- Morris Lapidus
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
Maintain interior and exterior areas in good condition paying close attention to wall painting, plastering, taping, paint mixing, furniture finishing, and maintenance.
- Apply and maintain paint, varnish, and stains on interior and exterior surfaces.
- Prepare surface for painting by removing old paint using paint remover, scraper, wire bush, etc.
- Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers.
- Prime surface as necessary.
- Prepare, measure, cut, and install tile, brick, and concrete block.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and use of sprayers and hand/power tools such as sanders, etc.
- Knowledge and use of all techniques for the trade.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
Minimum of two years relevant experience preferred.
- Trade apprenticeship preferred.