Ford Motor Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMI / EMC Engineer
at Ford Motor Company
EMI / EMC Engineer
Job Description & Qualifications
The position sits in a group which designs and tests multiple electronic modules, which is leveraged in Ford’s next generation platforms supporting future vehicle product lines. The team consists of multiple senior engineering specialists that cover complete electrical and mechanical designs requirements and manufacturing support in a new lab, located in Florida. Part of the work done here revolves around validation and improving designs developed internally at the facility as well as other modules developed throughout Ford.
- Experienced in EMI / EMC Lab testing to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines. Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for improvement.
- Performs equipment inspections to ensure that all lab resources are in good working order according to the latest standards.
- Defines, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and policies for the EMI lab.
- Responsible for documenting performance of modules being tested
- Work with EMI teams located throughout the company to coordinate a uniform test plan.
- Prepares reports for leadership on all aspects of the EMI lab
- Determines compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings
- Documents compliance by recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and maintaining compliance database.
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience with hands-on technical Regulatory Product Compliance Testing
- Working knowledge of testing standards to include one of the following: CISPR25, IS10605, ISO7637, ISO11452 or any prevailing IEC or CISPR standards
- Experience working with HW, SW, Program Managers and other cross functions teams to configure product for Product Safety and EMI evaluations on site, at 3rd party ODM vendors, and 3rd party certification labs
- Know how to conduct EMC tests per FCC / the EU EMC Directive
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot with standard test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DVMs, EMI Receiver) and simulation software packages
- Excellent intra- and inter-team interaction in terms of defect resolution and closure
- Excellent communication skills and organization ability in documenting test methodologies and test results
- Working knowledge of LTE UE requirements and compliance test, including 3GPP technical document.
- Experience with ISO 17025 lab compliance
- Be able to go to a 3rd party test lab and advise the tester of the testing needed and supervise it getting done
- Experience with Rodhe & Schwarz and Keysight RF test equipment
- Hands-on experience with using Matlab or Python to post-process measurement data
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID
Ford Motor Company
EESE (Electrical & Electronic Sys Engrg)