Ford Motor Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications
This is a position for an electrical hardware engineer with emphasis in RF design. You will be part of an engineering team working on next generation connectivity modules for vehicles. The successful candidate will be working with a design team to implement circuits, validate circuit implementations, analyze and resolve hardware failures, and be responsible to meet Ford’s quality, on time, and maintaining cost targets.
- RF circuit design to meet section requirements
- Design of circuits using industry standard schematic capture tools
- Layout implementation of responsible subsection
- Design complex RF circuits that meet system level requirements
- Worst case analysis of circuits in area of responsibility
- Development of detailed design documents
- Perform failure mode analysis and generate process documentation
- Define stress test routines required to validate functional sections
- Formulate test plans to ensure component level performance
- Validation testing to ensure performance over temperature and voltage extremes
- Root cause and resolve issues in assigned sections
- Participate in system design reviews
- Interface closely with other teams such as Software, Mechanical, Manufacturing teams, and with external component suppliers
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical disciplines
- 1+ year of Design or related Internship/Co-op experience
- Basic knowledge of RF Hardware and Antenna interaction
- Knowledgeable on oscillators, amplifiers, matching networks, filters, and power management
- Working knowledge of industry standard such as 802.11p, 802.11ax, Bluetooth.
- Excellent hardware debugging skills
- Familiar with test equipment such as CMW, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, solder stations
- Motivated and self-starter
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and engineering professionals including globally distributed teams; ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience; work with all levels of management and diverse work groups
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID
Ford Motor Company
EESE (Electrical & Electronic Sys Engrg)