Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CIMD, PWM, Financial Investment Professional, Associate – Atlanta
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- General, Investment Management
- Consumer and Investment Management Division
- Business Unit
- PWM Sales - Atlanta
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking a Financial Investment Professional who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a Financial Investment Professional (FIP) who will provide support to PWAs in the implementation of new client accounts and ongoing portfolio analysis and servicing of existing clients. This is meant to be a longer-term role where you will work closely with PWAs and their clients.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- “Chief Operation Officer” and “Chief Investment Officer” of the PWM team
- Primary point of contact for select client relationships
- Resource to multiple PWAs in supporting client relationships for the team
- Conduct portfolio level analysis, including asset allocations and portfolio performance review presentations, as well as prepare client presentation.
- Assist in the management (implementation and rebalancing) of client investment portfolios across global fixed income, equity and alternative investments.
- Implement large-scale tactical and strategic asset allocation changes
- Serve as a key liaison to other areas supporting PWM clients including Operations, Performance, and Compliance
- Lead or participate in cross-functional group projects to improve quality and efficiency within the team
- Execute equity, derivative, fixed income and mutual fund trades
- Monitor equity and fixed income markets
- Assist on projects related to team operations, new business development, strategic planning, product development and other marketing infrastructure issues
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the Firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Strong financial modeling and presentation skills
- Series 7, 63, and 3 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
- 5+ years of investment management, investment banking or comparable experience
- CPA, JD, or MBA degrees welcome, but not required
- Strong leadership skills and record of demonstrated achievement
- Experience working within a large professional services firm of Fortune 500 organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.