Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gypsum Management and Supply
The application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for employment.
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary functions of a delivery helper are to load, locate job sites, backing, preparing and restoring the job site, and preparing the truck for the following day and maintaining the truck and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Straps and places corners on each load
- Tarps load depending on weather conditions
- Secures mud, equipment, metal, and pallet on truck
- Verifies that each load matches to what is on the invoice and truck
- Reconciles any discrepancies with dispatcher
- Navigates routes to the job site
- Reviews directions, address, and time expected with leadman
- Notifies dispatcher if expected arrival time will not be met
- Prepares the job sites to be stocked by setting up ramps at the end of truck
- Prepares window for booming by placing carpet over window frame
- Places wood block behind first sheet against window frame, door frames, plumbing, or etc.
- High School diploma or GED
- Class A Driver’s License
- Demonstrated knowledge of various board sizes and manufactures, mud types, and steel types
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math skills Demonstrated ability to read a map
- Must be able to remain standing 90%
- Constantly, moving from unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom Frequently moves materials weighing up to 100lbs while unloading and loading flatbed
- Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in outside and environment while making deliveries
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s deadline
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER