Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
eCommerce Photography Technician & Graphic Designer
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Retail, Merchandise & Gift Shops
We have an exciting opportunity for an eCommerce Photography Technician & Graphic Designer to join our Merchandise eCommerce team at Hard Rock International.
We are seeking a sales-oriented content creator with product marketing and ecommerce experience. Someone with creative abilities such as product photography, photo/video editing, and motion graphics who is looking to grow with our team, define visual standards and execute on-brand creative vision.
The ideal eCommerce Photography Technician & Graphic Designer candidate will be responsible for designing, producing, and analyzing the impact of all visual content for Hard Rock’s merchandise website and eCommerce marketing channels. This includes but is not limited to: photography, retouching/post-production, creation of site assets (ex: banners, alt images), marketing assets (ex: bounce back cards, emails) with compelling copy & CTAs. This individual will ensure all content is on-brand, correct/accurate, commercially-grounded and meets best practice standards
Successful candidates will be self-starters, strong communicators, very detail-oriented. Passion for photography, ecommerce and digital-selling a must.
The goals of this position are to deliver a relevant and engaging customer experience, maximize conversion and drive sales.
Applicants should include portfolios that showcase a strong selection of responsive, desktop / tablet / mobile landing pages, email campaigns and social banners with a variety of CTAs.
- Product photography and photo-shoot coordination: work with product development & merchant teams to secure Top of Production samples for photo shoots and flat lays/still-life images ahead of product launch. Play an active role in model selection and sample selection/collection to pair the right individuals with the right clothing
- Stylize, light, shoot, photograph and edit all product photography for product detail pages, capturing specific details/key selling points, and shooting on figure/form whenever possible
- Own product imagery post-production & drive high volume work in: retouching on-figure, on-form and still-life
- Review imagery from 3rd party vendors and assess additional required correction/photography needs
- Catalog, name, crop, color manage, and spot retouch a high volume of image assets under tight deadlines; maintain and follow server/DAM asset organization/proper file naming and image protocol
- Manage all design tasks and asset creation for web and social: design visually compelling, sales-oriented assets that are on-brand for use across our global website, email and marketing channels. Comfortable creating headlines, CTAs and marketing messages to complement visuals
- Create responsive designs with UI awareness and ability to tailor images and copy by device (ex: mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Measure and report on results of creative assets to monetize site and marketing real-estate and determine which styles and copy resonates best to drive sales; Ensure top viewed and selling pages are creatively optimized (ex: right images, enough alt. images, strong copy, etc.)
- Develop eCommerce-specific visual/creative guidelines to optimize product presentation and perform site audits to identify any issues
- Develop weekly content calendar to support marketing calendar, new products and evergreen business
- Design and develop 2-3 emails per week that align to overall sales strategy
- Assist in ad hoc tasks such as: creating printed items to be included with products (e.g. packaging, manuals, inserts, hangtags, etc.); designing physical collateral (ex: bounce back cards, store signage/menus)
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in an ecommerce, retail or agency environment
- Professional experience as a retoucher, photo assistant, or digital technician in a commercial photography studio a plus
- Outstanding creative and graphic design skills with the ability to demonstrate clear understanding of brand identity and market trends
- Pixel perfect attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- Experience using Content Management System (CMS), Ecommerce Platform, Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems
- Keen awareness of ecommerce execution standards, competitive benchmarking and key market trends
- Must have time-management and prioritization skills, proven ability to meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be on set/travel to warehouse for product photography shoots on a monthly basis & as-needed
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic, ability to multi task and perform in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Ability to thrive within start up environment/small team, establish processes where they don’t yet exist; Self-starter who takes initiative
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Think outside of the box for how photography and graphic design can impact the growth of our overall business.
- Proven understanding of UX/UI with experience in wire-framing a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS with working experience of HTML email production a plus
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Applicable standard of education is required.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, and bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).