Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pool Attendant - PT
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Rooms Operations
- Job Location
- US-FL-Key West
- HGI Key West
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection is a brand new hotel that debuted in Key West, the southernmost city in the continental USA, in April 2016. This upscale hotel is set at the entry point of Key West on North Roosevelt Boulevard and is convenient to the island's best attractions such as Old Town, Mallory Square, Smathers Beach and the Hemingway House. The hotel is also close to Duval Street, the center of the action, where Key West's best restaurants, bars, nightlife and shopping reside. Boasting 141 brand new guest rooms, the hotel's facilities include a restaurant, indoor and outdoor bars, pool and Concierge desk, plus an abundance of complimentary amenities.
The Pool Attendant is responsible for the maintenance of all pool stations as well as responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool areas, furniture, and service areas of the pools in an organized manner.
- Replenish all towels and retail amenities and stock as necessary during the shift.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Assist with servicing guests with a food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner
- Assist in opening and closing side-work as assigned.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the pool or lounge areas.
- Assist guests with service requests when needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Exerting in excess of 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.