Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Tech II
Jacobs Telecommunication hasbeen at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communicationinfrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development –complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 DesignFirm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is everchanging, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support servicesremains constant. These services include site acquisition, design andconstruction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Assist Crew Lead to ensure quality service to clients.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Work effectively both individually and with crew members.
- Handle transportation of equipment.
- Travel up to 100%.
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a tower climber required.
- Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications are required
- Willingness to work in hot and cold weather conditions for long periods of time required
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information required
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies.
- Basic troubleshooting experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products preferred
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Experience in tower-rigging preferred
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturday, Sundays and evening hours.
- Associates or Technical School preferred
- Military communications, electronics troubleshooting, fiber optics or other related construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Anritsu and/or PIM testing preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Fiber, Commscope connectors and/or equivalent Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft a plus
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting,walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, andlifting. Hand manipulation is requiredfor grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or lefthands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as belowthe shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel,will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasionalneed to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk onuneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes intemperature or humidity, and work at heights.
At Jacobs, we helpprepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at everylevel, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets andoffices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow,and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safetyinitiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find aflourishing career here at Jacobs.