JM Family Enterprises, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Relations Representative
at JM Family Enterprises, inc.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Family
- Public Relations
JM Family Enterprises, Inc. is one of the largest, most innovative and diversified companies in the automotive industry. JM Family has been on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For for 20 consecutive years. What started with Jim Moran's passion for selling cars continues today with the dedication and hard work of every JM Family associate. Our principal businesses focus on vehicle distribution and processing, finance and insurance, retail vehicle sales, and dealer technology services. At JM Family, our mission is to be the premier provider of quality products and services. We accomplish this mission by adhering to our core values, the three C’s, the I and the A: Consideration, Cooperation, Communication, Innovation, and Accountability.
The Public Relations Representative is responsible for planning and coordinating ongoing social media influencer campaigns, developing content for the company’s social media channels, maintaining ongoing relationships with journalists and developing creative strategies to pitch our various businesses. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven success in traditional media and social media campaigns and relationships.
How You'll Spend Your Day:
- Planning and coordinating ongoing social media influencer campaigns for Toyota brand
- Orchestrating content and messaging for all JM Family Enterprises social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Developing and executing creative strategies around new products and programs to maximize editorial coverage, social impact and brand awareness
- Supporting crisis management communications and assisting with internal/external crisis communications
- Drafting and editing business and community-related press releases, media alerts, scripts, speaking points and speeches
- Distributing press releases and pitch story ideas to local and national media outlets and automotive trade publications
- Coordinating and facilitating interviews with JM Family leadership and subject matter experts
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key media contacts
- Working closely with business unit marketing departments and leadership, department peers and other company contacts to develop strategic and consistent messaging for external promotion
- Coordinating marketing opportunities for JM Family and its programs across print, television, radio and digital, working closely with media advertising sales departments
- Maintaining key databases for media and influencers
- Assisting in executive and associate-facing communications
- Conducting ongoing research and industry benchmarking for successes in public relations, social media and marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of public relations/marketing/social media experience; agency experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing or Communications a plus
- Keen knowledge of social media platforms and experience marketing on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Proven experience in Public Relations with media and influencers
- Experience in identifying, developing and executing PR content that will be of interest to reporters and editors and will generate impactful coverage
- Event planning skills with focus on attention to detail
- Experience in monitoring news tracking platforms and extracting metrics to tell the success story to executives
- Strong editing skills and working knowledge of AP style
- Experienced content creator with ability to keep consistent messaging and voice on various channels
- Experience in design, website/UX, photoshop, video, photography a plus
- Excellent time-management, flexible and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work on multiple projects and initiatives and cope well under pressure
- Team player who demonstrates initiative and follow through on all assignments
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Possess solid project management and organizational skills
- Takes a creative and proactive approach to problem solving
- Great decision maker
- Able to grasp and implement new concepts quickly
- Displays integrity, sound judgment and ethics