Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
A/H Medical Assistant - Phones
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2995
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Perform clinical care, via telephone, essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness using our telephone communication access protocol and clinical advice algorithm manual.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Obtain brief summary of patients concerns and/or complaints over the phone.
- To properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent clinical information over the phone to facilitate the timely and accurate physician follow up via phone.
- Complete prescription refills for authorization by provider.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies using our internal resources (E.H.R refill notes/paper phone notes).
- Fill out any necessary paper work for patients (school forms, medication authorization forms)
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval
- Make telephone calls to specialists to assist with obtaining stat appointments for our patients.
- Set up durable medical equipment delivery or home therapies.
- To provide medical guidance using our Telephone Clinical Triage algorithm manual.
- To document all medical questions and messages for providers and label them properly using our telephone communication access guideline/protocol.
- To document any medical advice given over the phone.
- To call hospitals, specialist offices and pharmacies to obtain any needed clinical information (Lab results, imaging, and prescription information.
- Attending any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- To assist in the completion of records releases responsibilities.
- To schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies ( walk in policy)
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- MA Diploma or Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- None Specified
- Minimum of 1-2 years Medical Assistant experience or strong recommendation by Leadership.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!