Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Contact Center Rep
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3765
Patient Contact Center Rep
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pmMonday & Tuesday 8:00am - 6:00pmWednesday & Thursday 8:15am - 6:15pm
Bilingual Type: N/A
Req # 4772
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Answer incoming calls from our patients to provide outstanding customer service in support of our mission, goals and values.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Answer incoming calls by welcoming patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
- Follow prepared scripts based on call type.
- Register new patients by gathering pertinent information and entering into XPM system.
- Verify insurance coverage and information.
- Set patient appointments upon request and identify future visits.
- Document accurately and efficiently within all systems (XPM, CRM, EHR).
- Document all questions and messages for Clinicians and label them properly using our telephone communication access protocol.
- Data entry and maintenance of customer data bases.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding by HIPPA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent information over the phone to facilitate timely and accurate physician follow-up.
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Provide customers with product and service information.
- Respond to patient inquiries.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Handle customer complaints and other customer support related issues, and provide customers with proper solution.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- Below are additional functions of the job for Patient Contact Center Representatives that will perform as clinical agents: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Provide medical guidance via telephone using our telephone communication access protocol, clinical triage algorithms, and clinical judgment.
- Document all medical advice given over the phone.
- Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
- LPNs and Registered Nurses answer calls and questions from Patient Contact Center Representatives and have the ability to triage high acuity patients.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Representatives that are performing as Clinical Agents require at least one of the following licensures or certificates. MA diploma or certificate, LPN or Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of XPM/EHR and Contact Recorder desired. Familiar with automated call distribution, IVR, and skill-based routing systems. Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with coaching and mentoring employees. Demonstrates ability to work well in a team environment. Strong multi-tasking skills. Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness are critical. General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and Email. Needs to be proficient in Power Point
- Prefer minimum of one year experience in a call center environment. Knowledge of XPM and CRM system desired. Familiar with automated call distribution, IVR, and skill-based routing systems. Previous customer service experience required.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!