Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3262
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Bilingual Type: N/A
Req # 4044
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Obtain authorization from insurance companies to assist patients in the referral system.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Requests for referrals will be initiated by physicians and/or staff and forwarded to the referral coordinator for processing.
- Obtain proper documentation required by insurance companies to have referral authorized; including clinical notes, lab results, consult notes.
- Obtain authorization from the insurance company using insurance websites and written authorization forms as required by insurance companies.
- Data entry of information into computer system.
- Daily contact with insurance companies, specialists, hospitals and parents.
- Update processes as changes are dictated by plans and referral supervisor.
- Cover other offices when coordinator is on vacation.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent. Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, grammar, spelling and punctuation to type correspondence. Knowledge of insurance industry. Skills in operating a computer, fax and photocopy machine. Ability to read understand and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Typing ability of 40 w.p.m. , word processing and computer experience.
- One year experience in dealing with referral processing and health insurance companies.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!