Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue Cycle Manager
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3113
Revenue Cycle Manager
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday8:00am - 5:00pm
Bilingual Type: N/A
Req # 3885
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the activities of, as well as providing leadership, to the front offices. Develops, recommends, and administers company policies and procedures related to all revenue cycle functions. Responsible for ensuring cash collections, days in accounts receivables, adherence to corporate compliance and adjustments are within established goals set for the department.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Develops internal billing and collection policies and procedures in order to meet financial goals and objectives of the RCM department.
- Takes corrective action to ensure the company’s favorable positon regarding changes created by the third party payers
- Assist with identifying and resolving outstanding patient accounts as related to capitated agreements and Medicaid FFS.
- Oversees team’s productivity audits, track problematic trends and compiles statistical data on a monthly basis
- Interviews and selects subordinate management staff necessary to meet department goals and objectives.
- Identifies services, charges, and billing methodologies that detract from the maximization of revenue reimbursement and takes steps to correct and/or communicate to the Director of RCM
- Follows up with insurance companies to ensure payment, evaluate reimbursements and make appeals when appropriate.
- Manages and is responsible for the overall satisfactory level of cash collections and days outstanding in patient receivables.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinate personnel in a timely and effective manner.
- Research and reconcile Unapplied/Misapplied payments and credit balances
- Provides reimbursement, billing, and patient disposition guidance.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA regulations and Company policy.
- Develops and maintains appropriate communication and relationships with front office personnel and management in an efficient and effective manner.
- Hold monthly staff meetings to maintain open communication with the staff and create a work environment to foster teamwork.
- Represents the company to professional organizations and the community as necessary.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.). Must be an expert in capitated agreement and Medicaid FFS. Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly. Applications utilized are: Microsoft Office, E-Medsys, Zirmed, and Payer Websites.
- Three years of supervisory or management in a medical environment preferred.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!