Jupiter Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Exercise Physiologist Per- Diem Evening
at Jupiter Medical Center
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for quality of care.
The Exercise Specialist will provide the participant with a physical assessment following departmental procedures. Perform graded exercise testing on participants and assist in diagnostic testing. Complete basic fitness test including: strength, flexibility and percentage of body fat. The individual must be able to monitor exercise for safety, monitor blood pressure at rest and during exercise, and develop an effective personalized exercise prescription from assessment. The exercise specialist will continuously provide instruction to all participants. The Exercise Specialist will assist in program development and promotion, coordinate and teach specialty classes, and maintain equipment and facility cleanliness. Additionally, the Exercise Specialist will help with registering and scheduling participants, answering phones, and other support staff duties as assigned. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
* Guidance of participants exercising in the Wellness department
* Developing and implementing programs, goals, and strategies for the Wellness department
* Communicating effectively with participants, colleagues, and the general public
* Multitasking and being able to efficiently react in emergency situations Present community lectures, off-site classes and learning opportunities for the community
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree preferred in Exercise Science or related program from an accredited institution required.
* A current affiliation with accredited fitness association, AFAA, ACE, NSCA, or ACSM, preferred.
* Personal training and group fitness certification preferred.
* Experience with excel, power point, and word preferred.
* Experience teaching exercise classes preferred.
* One year experience at a fitness facility is preferred.
* Experience in exercise physiology and testing, prescription, nutrition, program planning and counseling.
* Knowledgeable in emergency procedures.
* Ability to demonstrate and participate in floor exercises, weight lifting, participate and regularly use and be skilled aerobic exercise.