Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FLOAT
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FLOAT
|Department:||017 - Physicians - Adult|
|Location:||Lake County, FL|
JOB SUMMARY: This person is a professional nurse who is responsible for providing client care and improving nursing service during medication clinics
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Satisfactory nursing assessment and documentation, psycho-pharmacology, and provide effective patient care.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
- Will assist in the maintenance of a therapeutic milieu
- Will take vital signs, collect specimens and/or administer injections, ensuring that all nursing care procedures are performed correctly
- Responsible for the development, review and documentation of medication only treatment plans
- Will assist with maintaining documentation of effects and side effects of medication
- Will maintain accurate and timely documentation in the medical record of the Medication Profile, Med Clinic Review form, etc.
- Responsible for recording state outcome measures for clients without an assigned or primary clinician and collect QI measures when needed
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Assessment, Interpretation, Intervention, Knowledge, Developmental Stages, Enhances Family Involvement
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, Thinking Skills
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI Commitment, Management of Information, Safety
- Performance Specific: Assessment, Crisis Management, Customer Focus, Medication Issues, Treatment/Service Planning.
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Understanding of crisis intervention skills. Demonstrates knowledge of both mental health and basic medical/surgical nursing skills. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to administer medications to clients and observe them for side effects. An understanding of the commitment process and Baker Act criteria.
PERSONAL QUALITIES: Assertive, good communication skills, honest, hard-working, dedicated and caring.
SPECIAL FACTORS: Tenacious work ethic.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing meeting minimum standards of Florida State Board of Nursing. Possession of certificate as a licensed practical nurse in Florida.
- Experience: Minimum one year experience in nursing, preferably in a mental health setting.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.