Martin Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapist (OT) - Pediatric - 157655 - Rehab SLW
at Martin Health System
157655 - Rehab SLW
Day & Evening shifts
6-9 hr shifts, 40 hrs a week, no weekends
I. Basic Purpose:
Plans and implements occupational therapy programs for the individual patient according to standards of practice. Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for optimal functional independence. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Evaluates patient and plans occupational therapy program for each patient consisting of therapeutic exercise, ADL's, physical agent modalities, work conditioning and education of preventive programs.
4. Provides occupational therapy for referred patients to increase their functional abilities in the areas of work, leisure and self-care. Provides a minimum average of productivity per department standards.
5. Identifies and selects adaptive devices such as splints and braces for patient use, based on patient disability and rehabilitation needs. Designs, fabricates and fits adaptive devices when needed.
6. Participates in patient conferences, team meetings and communication with physicians to assure quality care and coordination of activities.
7. Conducts or participates in training medical/nursing/allied health personnel and students in occupational therapy techniques and objectives.
8. Teaches patients the skills and techniques required for participation in occupational therapy; evaluates patient progress, attitudes, and behaviors on an ongoing basis.
9. Provides instructions in therapeutic procedures to be continued by the patient.
10. Maintains required documentation on patients' progress according to standards.
11. Supervises occupational therapy assistants, students, and volunteers.
12. Participates in marketing of department services by building with referral sources and community.
13. Completes and submits required departmental logs, forms and other documentation.
14. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
15. Attends meetings as required.
16. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
17. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Must have minimum Bachelor's Degree; Training in an accredited program in Occupational Therapy.
> Registered occupational therapist, (OTR), with the NBCOT; may use power tools.
> Current/Active State of FL OT License required - Primary source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database.
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.