Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cardiovascular Tech II/Echo & Vascular - 034340 - Diagnostic Services
at Martin Health
034340 - Diagnostic Services
I. Basic Purpose:
Performs diagnostic echocardiography and vascular studies for subsequent evaluation and treatment by attending physician. Should also be proficient in stress testing, hooking up Holter monitors, and EKG procedures.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Reviews charts, requisitions and physicians' orders to determine appropriateness of patient examinations. Obtains pertinent patient information; performs patient education as needed
4. Maintains a safe, private, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients in accordance with hospital standards.
5. Performs and demonstrates full competency in all echocardiographic and vascular ultrasound techniques and procedures.
6. Monitors and ensures accuracy of charges and prepares preliminary reports for reading physician.
7. Checks equipment and set up prior to procedure. Communicates any problems or requests for service to supervisor as needed.
8. May be responsible for direct supervision of clinical students assigned to work area.
9. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels and ensures sufficient supplies are stocked and the end of the day.
10. Performs the functions of a Stress and EKG Technician as needed.
11. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational
programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
12. Attends Department Education offerings.
13. Attends Department staff meetings.
14. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Successful completion of a program in Echo/Vascular Ultrasound.
> Must be registered with two of the following specialty credentials: ARDMS (RDCS/RVT) or CCI (RCS/RVS/RCCS).
> Pediatric experience preferred. Must demonstrate competence in a variety of simple and complex echocardiographic and/or vascular procedures.
> Current acceptable CPR/BLS certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
> Must demonstrate competence in a variety of simple and complex echo/vascular procedures.