Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - 157655 - Rehab SLW
at Martin Health
157655 - Rehab SLW
I. Basic Purpose:
Plans and implements physical therapy programs for the individual patient according to standards of practice. Directs patient participation in selected activities to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. Facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for optimal functional independence. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Evaluates patient and plans physical therapy program for each patient including exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
4. Applies diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
5. Directs and aids patient in active and passive exercises, muscle re-education and functional training.
6. Gives whirlpool and contrast baths as required; provides techniques for wound and tissue care including debridement and application of dressings.
7. Provides instructions in therapeutic procedures to be continued by the patient.
8. Adapts conventional physical therapy techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises.
9. Responsible for performing at established department productivity standards.
10. Conducts or participates in training medical/nursing/allied health personnel and students in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
11. Re-evaluates and reports on patient's progress for review by other members of the rehabilitative and patient care team.
12. Maintains required documentation on patients' progress according to standards.
13. Supervises PTAs, Rehab Aides/Techs, Volunteers and Students.
14. Participates in marketing of department services by building with referral sources and community.
15. Completes and submits required departmental logs, forms and other documentation.
16. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
17. Attends meetings as required.
18. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Must have Bachelor's Degree; courses/training in accredited program in Physical Therapy.
> Current, valid Florida Physical Therapy License required –Primary Source online verification required directly from State of Florida licensing database.
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.