Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Patient Representative II
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
BILINGUAL PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE II
As Mount Sinai continues to grow. so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees. 500 volunteers. 670 beds. 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team. we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- Answers telephone promptly; preferably by the third ring. Ensure calls are identified and properly categorized in order to forward to appropriate area within office timely and efficiently.
- Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette when receiving transferring and placing calls on hold. Hold times are to be kept to a minimum.
- Repeats key information when writing down messages to ensure accuracy.
- Accurately enters patient demographics information and insurance data in the computer as documented.
- Verifies insurance information collect referrals and authorizations and/or other forms as documented.
- Checks to ensure that patients fill out applicable forms completely and correctly.
- Informs secretary or Office Coordinator when supply level is approaching reorder point.
- Copies patient records if requested by insurance company or other physician's office.
- Distributes mail accurately and on a timely basis.
- Efficiently schedules appointments recording them as documented and following practice policy.
- Responsible for completing daily receipts and journals and deposits to cashiers.
- Responsible for petty cash.
- High School diploma
- 1 year experience in a healthcare setting
- must be bilingual English and Spanish
- An excellent team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement and much more!