Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Sous Chef
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF
As Mount Sinai continues to grow. so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees. 500 volunteers. 670 beds. 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team. we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- AA in Culinary Arts or related field and/or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of Supervisory experience preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a healthcare food service setting preferred.
- ServSafe or equivalent preferred.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions.
- Manages the production of all patient and non-patient food.
- Consistently prepares food meeting established standards of quality and quantity.
- Manage the department costs to be consistent with the department budgets, continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control food costs through various methods to meet/exceed budget.
- Performs tray evaluations regularly and develops action plans to improve food quality.
- Ensures food preparation follows dietary restrictions (low sodium, low fat, diabetic, etc.) as set forth in the approved Diet Manual.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation Training as well as on the job training.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment
- Develop, recommend, and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc...) within Hospital guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement and much more!