Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Technician I
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
HVAC Technician I
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
High School graduate or equivalent. Certified by an Environmental Protection Agency approved technician certification program. Knowledge of HVAC Technology, equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited trade program.
1. Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs by diagnosing trouble, repairing, and replacing parts or taking necessary corrective action.
2. Maintains, tests, repairs and modifies heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration and related temperature controls and equipment throughout the facility.
3. Operates and maintains automated building and equipment control systems.
4. Performs other routine to complex maintenance functions in the areas of checks, repairs, and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, coils, pipes, and other functional components of the system.
5. Operates, monitors, and performs preventive maintenance on boilers and auxiliaries. Maintains specified pressures and temperatures, and inspects the equipment for malfunctions and makes adjustments or repairs.
6. Conducts and supervises airflow and balancing tests.
7. Repairs/installs equipment such as: refrigerators and freezers of all types. Ice making machines, water coolers, compressed air dryers, medical gas outlets using all hand and power tools and gas welding and cutting equipment normally associated with the trade.
8. Recommends modifications, replacements, repairs and procedures.
9. Assists as necessary with monitoring utility systems to ensure full and efficient operations.
10. Conducts preventive maintenance and performs equipment safety checks.
11. Coordinates and advises other departments, contractors, and staff for department projects and maintenance.
12. Provides direction to outside contractors on critical mechanical and electrical equipment, finishes, and systems.
13. Verifies repairs and service are complete and satisfactory.
14. Reports unsafe conditions to department leadership in all cases. Knowledgeable of support resources
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement, and much more!