Mount Sinai Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse Float Pool
at Mount Sinai Medical Center
US - Florida - Miami Beach
REGISTERED NURSE - FLOAT POOL, FULL TIME
As Mount Sinai continues to grow. so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees. 500 volunteers. 670 beds. 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team. we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- An excellent. team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health. dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare. tuition reimbursement. and much more!
- Adheres to and complies with all regulatory standards globally to profession and specific to unit.
- Understands all new physician orders must be implemented within two hours of initiation for routine and within 30 minutes or less for stat.
- Understands and is able to prepare patient for invasive and / or non invasive medical procedures ensuring universal protocol compliance.
- Understands and is able to administer medication per physicians orders adhering to the hospital approved patient identifiers, following the 5 rights of patient medication administration.
- Utilizes chain of command to communicate changes in patient condition and initiate timely interventions to prevent negative patient outcomes.
- Maintains current licensure and annual competencies as specific to assignment, keeping written evidence on file at all times.
- Ensures and understands the safety aspect of clinical alarms.
- Follows Patient Safety goals as established by the department; supports effective responses to adverse and sentinel events; provides an on-going proactive approach to reduce risk; integrates patient safety as a priority into new and existing processes.
- Reports incidents to supervisor and Risk Management department within required timeframe in accordance with medical center policy. Follows the completion of incident reporting policy.
- Complies with current Hospital security and safety polices.
- All other tasks as related to the position's duties.
- Current/Valid FL RN Licensure
- BLS and ACLS required
- ASN required. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience as an RN. Will need to rotate through crtical care areas.