Ocean Reef Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ocean Reef Club
Works with the Controller and Assistant Controller to create and review journal entries, analyze accounts, train, create standard operating procedures and develop custom reporting as assigned. Other responsibilities include the preparation of account reconciliations, recording of revenues, preparation of assigned tax returns, and monitoring the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The preferred candidate will have a firm understanding of GAAP and take the initiative to improve processes, lead the team, solve problems and communicate effectively and efficiently with other departments.
- Complete assigned balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis
- Audit revenue transactions, income and adjustments
- Prepare of Daily Revenue Report, Daily Payroll Report and all income journal entries
- Assist with monthly closing of the financial statements as assigned by the Controller
- Complete County, State and Federal tax returns as assigned
- Assist with projects and analysis as required
- Develop and implement training procedures and standards within the Accounting department as assigned
- Administrate PosiPay on a daily basis for all established accounts
- Develop financial and managerial reports as requested by the Controller
- Manage fixed assets, depreciation and amortization
- Manage time edits for the Accounting Department
- Supervise, train and develop staff to include coaching, counseling and discipline
- Any other duties assigned
Attendance, Appearance and Conduct:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, associate may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the Club and report deadlines.
Proper grooming is required by all associates and is described in detail in the Associates Handbook. Associates are expected to review this policy and make sure that at all times they present themselves for shifts looking clean, neat and professional.
As a condition of employment, all associates agree to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Club facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If you have any questions or doubts you should seek clarification from your supervisor.
Skill / Requirements
The individual should possess most of the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to perform this position in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations can and will be made for individuals that demonstrate core skills, but might have physical limitations that can be compensated for using some other combination of skills and abilities or the modification of non-core job requirements.
- Ability to organize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficient in use of Excel, Access, Word, Visual One, QuickBooks and other general ledger software
- Ability to create and/or improve processes
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- Understanding of banking systems, working capital and investments
- Ability to analyze reports and transfer data to other programs
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to communicate effectively
- Ability to sit in one place for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a 20-pound box
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience: 5+ years of accounting experience preferred. GAAP Proficient
Licenses or Certificates: CPA, CTP, CIA, CFA preferred
Please email resume to email@example.com and apply at www.oceanreef.com/careers