Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
Fort Lauderdale, Florida - OneStream Software LLC
Employment Type - Full-Time
ABOUT THE JOB
As the Software Manager of the Platform Development team, you will report to the Director, Software Engineering and be responsible for providing strategic leadership responsible for the design, development and implementation of various solutions for our OneStream XF Platform, as well as supervision of the software engineers and quality assurance engineers on your team.
The OneStream Platform contains complex OLAP, multi-dimensional, multi-server, multi-threading, web, and SQL technologies and is specifically designed to solve problems for the Office of the CFO at large corporations. Your primary responsibilities will be to design, develop & maintain our OneStream platform and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Project Management
- Oversee the development of comprehensive development project plans that include clear staffing, resource and effort requirements, risks, quality objectives, timelines, and budget estimates.
- Provide oversight for all phases of SDLC implementation including design, coding, testing, and analysis of programs and applications.
- Accountable for the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Oversee the project status reporting process.
- Monitor development projects to ensure adherence to established objectives, timelines, and budget limits.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Communication, Strategy, and Relationship Management
- Ensure distribution of project status updates to other departments to build awareness of current projects, gather feedback, and seek input for future initiatives.
- Establish and cultivate strong business relationships with end users, IT professionals, and other internal stakeholders.
Human Resource Management
- Oversee the assembly of solution/marketplace engineering teams, task delegation, and staff scheduling.
- Conduct performance appraisals, and provide coaching and mentoring, to software engineers.
- Encourage professional development, and ensure the presence of appropriate training initiatives, within the development team.
- Participate in the hiring and training processes as necessary.
- Ability to manage high-performance development teams.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills, including an ability to thrive in a team-based setting.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects across several development teams.
- Ability to effectively address shifting priorities and demands in a deadline-driven environment.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical details to engineers, end users, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Platform Development Engineering team.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Formal Education and Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical degree is required.
Knowledge and Experience
- 8+ years of overall Solutions Architect or Engineering experience, preferably in the CPM/ERM industry; 2+ years of leadership/management experience of Solutions Architecture/Engineering teams; additional experience in the developer/API real-time communications space is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to recruit, mentor, coach, develop and manage team of engineers.
- Outstanding and confident communication skills, and comfortable dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience ranging from developers to C-level executives.
- Thorough knowledge of programming languages.
- Proven project management in the context of software development.
- Able to multi-task.
- Comfortable interacting with C-level executives.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Team player.
- Legally authorized to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship.
WHO WE ARE
OneStream Software is a privately held software company created by the same team that invented the leading financial solutions of the last decade. We provide a unified Corporate Performance Management (CPM) platform which enables the enterprise to simplify financial consolidation, reporting, budgeting and forecasting for complex organizations. Our powerful extensibility enables the enterprise to deliver additional analytic solutions without adding any technical complexity. By delivering multiple solutions in one application, we offer increased capabilities for financial reporting and analysis while reducing the risk, complexity and total cost of ownership for our customers. We are driven by our mission statement that every customer must be a reference and success.
We are equally fanatical about our OneStream family members (formally known as employees). We are a team in every sense of the word. Everyone here is approachable and excited to pitch in and help. We work hard and play hard. The right candidate is someone who is easy to get along with, always willing to lend a hand, excited about coming to work, and happy to contribute to the team. We also offer a casual dress environment and modern office spaces.
WHY JOIN THE ONESTREAM TEAM
- Transparency around corporate structure, salary, and benefits.
- Core value of customer success.
- Variety of project work (not industry specific).
- Strong culture and camaraderie.
- Multiple training opportunities.
Benefits at OneStream Software
OneStream employees are passionate, hardworking individuals who go above and beyond to keep our customers happy and follow through on our mission statement. They consistently deliver the best and in turn, we make every effort to keep them cared for and happy. A sample of the benefits we provide are:
- Excellent Medical Plan.
- Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Short- & Long-Term Disability.
- Vacation Time.
- Paid Holidays.
- Professional Development.
- Retirement Plan.
OneStream Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.