Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nephrology Account Manager - Baltimore, MD
at Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc
- Requisition ID
We are a company that believes in performance excellence, which is based on a framework of Performance, Leadership, and Continuous Improvement. We will accelerate our sales growth through the leadership and development of our people to outperform the competition.
The Nephrology Account Manager contributes to OAPI’s overall sales objective by performing assigned sales related activities. Provides hospitals, physicians, pharmacists and healthcare providers with products, services, and information that will enable them to use and prescribe OAPI products safely and effectively.
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, learning agile, and can grow in a Commercial organization.
- Think differently by challenging conventional thinking
- Are intellectually curious and life-long learners
- Are effective, ’get it done’ and have a sense of ownership
- Are comfortable with ambiguity, autonomy and recognize that innovation is at its best when people connect
- Are remarkable in their chosen field
Key Job Expectations/Responsibilities:
- Ensures full compliance with drug laws, regulations, and OAPI policies in all aspects of interactions with healthcare professionals
- Achieves the assigned sales objective for the territory
Effectively manages the formulary process to ensure product acceptance to assigned hospital accounts by establishing credibility with key hospital stakeholders, performing timely formulary review for products, expediting formulary acceptance of product, implementing effective plans for product pull-through, and organizing in-services to communicate appropriate approved product information to appropriate hospital personnel on all shifts
- Attains the designated goals for calls on appropriate accounts and healthcare professionals
- Communicates balanced, accurate, and complete information on OAPI products
- Executes calls on pharmacists in order to provide product information and to ensure the availability of OAPI products in assigned accounts within the territory
- Collaborates with market access team for formularies and product availability
- Demonstrates consistent completion of all administrative requirements in a timely manner, including call reporting, budget management, log-ins, etc.
- Completes all required training courses and continually updates product knowledge
- Assists district manager in training new Nephrology account managers
- Ensures full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to OAPI standards and to all state and federal regulations
- Complies with the letter and spirit of all state and federal laws, regulations, and guidance as well as PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and OAPI standards and policies relating to all promotional activities
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical sales experience in a specialty area
- Knowledge of patient flow and treatment options
- Knowledge of reimbursement issues in the healthcare industry including managed care, institutional and retail market channels, disease states, and how those and other factors interact
- Minimum of 1 year ranked in top 25% with overall sales
- Able to provide last 2 years of performance review documentation
- Willing to un-learn entrenched ways of doing things
- Ability to learn new and complex materials and concepts
- Demonstration of customer focus or patient centricity
- Thinks strategically; intuitively makes connections and associations
- Communicates effectively; strong and engaging facilitator
- Demonstrates managerial courage and strong professional presence
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited four-year college or university (or the equivalent if education obtained outside of the United States)
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record under Otsuka policy
- Nephrology and specialty pharmacy delivery network as well as rare Disease experience strongly preferred
- Account management experience in a system/IDN environment
At Otsuka, we defy limitation, so that others can too.
We have an unwavering belief in doing more. In transcending expectations. In going above and beyond—under any circumstances—for patients, families, providers, and for each other. It’s this deep-rooted dedication that drives us to uncover answers to complex, underserved medical needs, so that patients can push past the limitations of their disease and achieve more than they thought was possible each and every day.
We believe that the bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity. We are doing everything in our power to live up to our mission of creating new products for better health worldwide in two important therapeutic categories: neuroscience and nephrology.
Our culture is rooted in our Japanese heritage and almost 100-year history. Otsuka-people live by the core principles of Jissho – the achievement, completion, and discovery of truth; and Sozosei – pursuing that which only Otsuka is capable of delivering. We approach our business and overcome challenges through perseverance, unconventional thinking and humility.
Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at http://www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.