Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Neuroscience Account Manager (Injectable)- Youngstown, OH
at Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc
- Requisition ID
We are committed to mental health and looking for Account Managers who share our passion to support the promotion and co-promotion of neuroscience products. Over the years, our innovations in schizophrenia and major depressive disorder (MDD) have advanced, and our knowledge of other mental health illnesses and disorders continues to grow. We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, learning agile, and can grow in a Commercial organization.
- Think differently by challenging conventional thinking
- Are intellectually curious and life-long learners
- Are effective, ’get it done’ and have a sense of ownership
- Are comfortable with ambiguity, autonomy and recognize that innovation is at its best when people connect
- Are remarkable in their chosen field
Key Job Expectations/Responsibilities:
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, very bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all, can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to others, can solve problems with peers, direct reports and matrix team members with a minimum of noise, is seen as a team player and is cooperative, easily gains trust and support of colleagues, encourages collaboration
- Summarizes complex situations or data sets into easily understood information
- Makes decisions using information gathered and develops others in their ability to organize their thoughts, identify patterns in data, and facilitate decision making
- Continually analyzes performance against plan and is proactive in planning sales activities to maximize customer calls and impact
- Evaluates the results of timelines and resource plans and recommends changes
- Coordinates with alliance company sales management team within region geography
- Manages key account coordination along with the District Managers to develop relationships leading to increased profitability and better patient outcomes
- Ability to sell a portfolio of products
- Ensures full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to OAPI standards and to all state and federal regulations
- Complies with the letter and spirit of all state and federal laws, regulations, and guidance as well as PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and OAPI standards and policies relating to all promotional activities
- 2 years of pharmaceutical sales experience and/OR 3-5 years of business to business outside sales experience
- Minimum of 1 year ranked in top 25% with overall sales
- Able to provide last 2 years of performance review documentation
- Willing to un-learn entrenched ways of doing things
- Ability to learn new and complex materials and concepts
- Demonstration of customer focus or patient centricity
- Thinks strategically; intuitively makes connections and associations
- Communicates effectively; strong and engaging facilitator
- Demonstrates managerial courage and strong professional presence
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited four year college or university (or the equivalent if education obtained outside of the United States)
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record under Otsuka policy
- Active leadership experiences
*Up to 20% travel (trips to District, Regional and National Meetings)
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; click here for more information
At Otsuka, we defy limitation, so that others can too.
We have an unwavering belief in doing more. In transcending expectations. In going above and beyond—under any circumstances—for patients, families, providers, and for each other. It’s this deep-rooted dedication that drives us to uncover answers to complex, underserved medical needs, so that patients can push past the limitations of their disease and achieve more than they thought was possible each and every day.
We believe that the bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity. We are doing everything in our power to live up to our mission of creating new products for better health worldwide in two important therapeutic categories: neuroscience and nephrology.
Our culture is rooted in our Japanese heritage and almost 100-year history. Otsuka-people live by the core principles of Jissho – the achievement, completion, and discovery of truth; and Sozosei – pursuing that which only Otsuka is capable of delivering. We approach our business and overcome challenges through perseverance, unconventional thinking and humility.
Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at http://www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.