PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Receptionist
at PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for operating PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel. Additionally, provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Role and Responsibilities
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate staff.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate staff.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information; greets all incoming visitor with a friendly, professional, hospitable manner.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate staff.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Maintains and safeguards inventory of building supplies and equipment.
- Gathers information that supports the data collection system of the center.
- Provides excellent communication to all incoming calls.
- Manages existing resources wisely, including cleaning supplies, equipment purchases, and contractual arrangements; adheres to established budget guidelines.
- Incorporates external support i.e., volunteers, monetary and supply donations, to maximize community potential in assisting with the goals of the Center.
- Purchases supplies needed to provide for every day usage and special events.
- Assists in the supervision of girls that are waiting to attend class.
- Provides clerical support to all staff within the center.
- Tallies points for the students’ point system and record appropriately.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent, completion of vocational coursework is a plus.
- Current Florida driver’s license.
- Ability to work efficiently using personal computer, MS Word, Excel, database software, and all office equipment
- Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency and 6B-1.001 Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Agency
- Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required
- Minimum six months to one year experience in an office