PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reach Family Therapist
at PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
The Therapist role provides prevention, diversion, and early intervention services to girls. This position is aimed at helping girls decrease risk-related behaviors by using gender-responsive, trauma-informed, and strength-based programming. In addition, the Therapist provides girls the opportunity to elevate their voices and achieve their potential, by celebrating a life defined by responsibility, dignity, serenity and grace.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Increase girls’ resiliency and protective factors by improving relationships, increasing self-efficacy, and encouraging self-advocacy
· Support girls in making decisions that will lead to productive, fulfilling, and healthy lives
· Address risk factors using holistic assessment, goal setting, and care plan development
· Utilize the Transtheoretical Model of Change, considering any history of trauma and leveraging girls’ strengths
· Provide weekly therapy services to girls using evidenced-based and research-informed therapeutic interventions
· Provide monthly family support/counseling with parents/guardians to encourage girl progression in the change process
· Provide solution-focused counseling approaches toward the resolution of risk factors for substance abuse following the standards of the Florida Administrative Codes Chapter 65D-30
· Provide crisis intervention as warranted, including risk assessments and family support
· Engage in care review meetings for girls served and provide education to the care planning team
· Collaborate with outside entities and community providers involved in girl’s care, make referrals as appropriate, and advocate for needed resources Facilitates family sessions and works with the girls’ natural support systems
· Conduct psycho-educational and therapy groups that are girl-centered, focusing on social-emotional and life skill development
· Provide advocacy within the community by attending conferences and public speaking events
· Provide care management services, including transportation services when needed
· Review eligibility requirements for girls entering the program, complete enrollment paperwork, biopsychosocial assessments, screening tools, care plans and transition plans
· Contribute positively toward programmatic outcomes and the collection of data to support the change process of girls
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Master’s degree required with a major in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field required
· Minimum five years’ experience required preferably working with at-risk youth
· Current Florida driver’s license required
· Licensed as a Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist or Clinical Social Worker or meet licensing eligibility as a registered intern
· Compassion - genuinely cares about people, concerned about the work and non-work problems of others, available to help, sympathetic to others, and demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
· Composure - handles pressure and stress well, is not defensive or irritated during tough situations, is considered mature, does not show frustration, and is a settling influence in crisis situations
· Creativity - comes up with new and unique ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, and tends to be original and value-added in brainstorming settings
· Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements, actions are based on customers, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
· Integrity and Trust - is widely trusted, seen as direct and truthful, does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain, keeps confidences, and admits mistakes
· Listening - practices attentive and active listening, uses patience in hearing others speak, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even if opinions differ
· Drive for Results - able to figure out the process for getting this accomplished, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks for efficiency, can see opportunities for synergy and integrations, ability to simplify complex processes, and gets more out of fewer resources
The physical demands of this job include manual dexterity; must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, see and smell. Frequent standing and walking are required. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The work environment is fast-paced and requires alertness and flexibility. The noise level is usually quiet; however, noise can accelerate to moderate and high levels.