Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jig & Fixture A - Tool Maker
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Responsible for making precision tools including but not limited to; jigs, moulds, dies, special guides and holding devices. These are then used during the manufacturing process to help make aircraft parts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow, work orders, travelers, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Analyze and compute dimension, plan layout, and determine assembly method and sequence of operation, measure, mark, and scribe metal/plastic stock for tooling and verify dimensions.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as saws, jigs, lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine part and verify conformance of tooled part to specifications.
- Smooth flat and contoured surface with power grinder; fit and assemble parts together and into assembly and mechanism.
- Working with Assembly, Holding, Skinning, Framing and Bonding Fixtures.
- Examine standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs, fixtures, and recommend design modification regarding construction and function of part.
- Maintain and repair tools, dies, etc., report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by tool list.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and more than 5 years directly related experience and training. Ability to perform the duties of the job applying basic mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry where the complexity of the configuration and difficulty of the design require a high degree of initiative and ingenuity to successfully complete the work.