Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
The employee works with considerable independence within the scope of established policies and procedures of the work. Oversee the receipt, storage, retrieval and `disposition of all company documents and ensure records are accessible. Maintain an inventory of all-active and archive records to be able to respond to subpoenas, discovery and technical requests. Under direction, responsible for managing the Records Administration Department to accomplish the business objectives established by the company, and to ensure compliance with current laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files to ensure compliance with federal / state laws and to protect the company during litigation, government investigations and audits.
- Maintain inventory of all records stored in the Records Center.
- Maintain inventory of all active and archived records and ensure accessibility of all records.
- Maintain and insure compliance for all department files and records.
- Maintain and update Records Program Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Auditing of the Records department and exact location of all boxes and files.
- Research and respond to discovery requests, subpoenas and technical requests.
- Negotiate and maintain vendor contracts as required.
- Research and respond to technical, microfilm and records requests.
- Educate and train company personnel on best methods for controlling and utilizing records.
- Coordinate receipt, storage, retrieval and disposition of all company documents in compliance with company’s retention schedule.
- Develop training programs and tools.
- Ensure that Retention Policy is in compliance with current, relevant laws to protect the company during litigation, government investigations and audits.
- Monitor and maintain (oversee/implement) Retention Schedule and ensure timely disposal of records based on the schedule:
- Microfiche reviewed records and destroy/delete/erase what is no longer needed
- Black Book scanned into documents
- Maintain up-to-date copies of all forms
- Meet regularly with Records Coordinators.
- Represent the company at trade associations including the Association of Records Managers and Administrators, Inc. (ARMA).
- Assist Air Safety when out of the office and maintain Air Safety Porta.l
- Manage record revisions and updates on company website.
- Coordinate and maintain Records Center including:
- 2,000 plus banker’s boxes (approx. 2500 pages/box)
- 33,000 microfiche records
- 3,000 microfilm records
- Manage and scan all aircraft packages.
- Research and completion of retention schedules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in a business related field and five years records retention management experience, or equivalent education and experience. A Records Certification and Legal background preferred.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal. An extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and FrontPage.
Must have the ability to handle stress and a fast work pace to meet all essential job functions and deadlines.