Piper Enterprise Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stress Analyst/ Structures Engineer
at Piper Enterprise Solutions
Provide stress support to the Liaison Engineering, Aircraft Certification and Customer Support departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Static Strength and fatigue life assessment using both manual analysis and finite element analysis modeling.
- Prepare aircraft type certification reports showing compliance with the proper FAA or Foreign regulations on all structural components by either analysis or test.
- Analysis or test of flight test instrumentation racks, test equipment, etc., to Company Engineering Policy requirements.
- Conduct static or fatigue tests of structural components, prepare test procedures, observe and document static or fatigue test results in coordination with FAA type certification report.
- Conduct analyses or tests and prepare substantiation reports documenting major/ alterations
- Review drawings, specifications, service bulletins, reports, etc. for compliance with applicable regulations.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical or Aerospace) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with relevant airframe hardware. Candidates shall be capable of working in diverse team environments and physically able to move in and out of the plant/office without restrictions.